Saturday, March 31, 2012

The game of life

I lead 2 lives these days.. It has been helping a lot with bringing structure and sanity into my days..

First life (lets call it "work life" or WL) is roughly between 10-6 every weekday. Responsibilities include working on my startup. Building website and other miscellaneous stuff that keep popping up.

The second life (we ll call it weekend life or.. oh that wont work, so we ll go with "Second life" or SL) happens every weekend and during evenings on weekdays. Weekends in particular, where 
WL is totally banned. Responsibilities include figuring out ways to cover my expenses, learning new stuff (currently going through www.pgm-class.org and I love it! :D), reading books (currently reading personal mba / life of genghis khan / art of war. I alternate based on my mood), meeting people, chilling out a bit, and working on interesting side projects.

I havent been able to clearly separate them on weekdays though.. eventually i see it becoming necessary but right now, i sense a balance.. Both have a tendency to get extremely absorbing, so it is important to get the priorities straight. Perhaps I should split my tasklist.. 

Building your life on your own is a lot of fun! It is quite like playing a game.. you got get to get your XPs  and Energy and Gold and keep leveling up! SL generally gives me gold and energy while WL gives XPs and key quest items so I can level up ;)

No comments: