Sunday, September 26, 2010

Star Trek

In my endeavour to graduate from being a pseudo geek to a real geek, I have been diligently watching Star Trek

Apparently, according to my friend "You are not a geek if you haven't watched every episode of the star trek series and the movies atleast twice and can recite the Klingon alphabets in reverse."

Sure, he was exaggerating a bit but I hadnt watched ANY movie or ANY episode of star trek at that point so I was like "What the hell is Klingon?". I didnt say it to avoid getting disowned ofcourse but I was determined to pass this (hopefully) last test that prevented me from calling myself a geek in front of other geeks.

And so, during the last 3 weeks, I set aside the time to watch all 10 star trek movies and I will unabashedly admit that I loved them! Lots of really cool and wide ranging sci-fi concepts have been explored.. in a pretty sensible way. Of course there are loopholes and ambiguities in the explanations (especially in the time travel stuff) but I call it the "sci-fi writer's license to bullshit so he can sound cool". Somewhat like a Rajnikant movie except significant thought has  been put in so that it makes sense on the whole.

Next stop: The series - 726 episodes across 30 seasons.

Set the main thrusters to warp 6 captain. Full speed ahead!

Geeks DIchDaq Suq tera' (means "Geeks shall inherit the earth" [in Klingon ;)])
Resistance is futile!

No comments: